[Gmsh] how to compile gmsh2.3.1 on OpenSUSE 11.1 64 bit?

Pei-Ying Hsieh peiying2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 18 20:06:58 CEST 2009

Dear gmsh experts:

I am able to compile gmsh-2.3.0 on OpenSUSE 11.1 64 bit OS without any problem.

But, I am confused on how compile gmsh-2.3.1.  How to start CMake's GUI?  Once done with the GUI, do I just type: make, then, make install?

I tried the "cd build", then, "cmake ..", then "make", then "make install".  However, when I typed gmsh, nothing happened.  So, gmsh with GUI was not properly compiled and installed. I did have fltk and fltk-devel installed (I believe).

Thanks!

Pei