[Gmsh] Question on matlab mesh conversion to nastran file

lee323 at purdue.edu lee323 at purdue.edu
Tue Sep 1 21:20:39 CEST 2009

Dear,

Hello. My name is Sang-hun Lee (at Purdue Univ.) who have just learned Gmsh to
construct mesh for embryonic modeling. My problem to solve is how to convert
mesh, which was constructed by matlab program (trisurface), to nastran format
file using Gmsh.

My input file is a dataset including elements, nodes, and faces. The matlab
fuction called trisurface only need elements and faces. I think, by use of
scripting and some programming, I can make a corresponding ".msh" or ".bdf"
files, but I want to know whether it is possible to directly convert the matlab
mesh file to nastran file using Gmsh.

Thank you in advance
Sang-hun Lee