[Gmsh] An inquire about drawing iso-value contour map

Jean-Francois Remacle jean-francois.remacle at uclouvain.be
Wed Sep 2 10:15:32 CEST 2009

Le 02-sept.-09 à 03:59, Kengo Yoshida a écrit :

> Dear Professors Geuzaine and Remacle
>
> First of all, I would like to say thank you for providing a
> wonderful software, Gmsh, to public.
>
> I started to use Gmsh last week, and I am now trying to draw iso-
> value map of deformed solids.
> The deformation is analized by FEM develped by myself and Gmsh is
> used as a post-processer.
> First, to check the grammer of file format, I draw a iso-value
> contour with one quadrangle element.
> Please have a look at some results shown in the attached file.
> Node value is given such that 1 for a node and 0 for others.
> The node possessing a value of 1 is changed.
> The symmetric figures were expected to be drawn, but the results
> were not and have apparent directionality.
> I could not find mistake in the input file, which is also copied in
> the attached file.
> If you could give any comment, it would help me a lot.

Hello,

By default, GMSH represents a quad as 2 triangles, so this is correct
in this sense. Yet, you
should be able to refine this view, using Options->View[0]-
 >General:Adapt Visualization Grid

Details on the way we visualize high order elements can be found in

Jean-François Remacle, Nicolas Chevaugeon, Émilie Marchandise,
Christophe Geuzaine
Efficient visualization of high-order finite elements
International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering
Volume 69, Issue 4, Date: 22 January 2007, Pages: 750-771

JFR