[Gmsh] Gmsh Tutorial "t1.geo", Getting rid of bar elements after meshing

Tim Szaszi tim.szaszi at tu-harburg.de
Fri Sep 4 15:19:46 CEST 2009

Dear Gmsh users,

I recently used Gmsh in batch mode to create a 3D surface mesh from a plane surface via the extrude method. The call of Gmsh was:

"gmsh.exe" -0 geo1.geo -2 -o geo1_mesh.unv -format unv

The result looked pretty nice, but I was wondering if there was a "Gmsh internal way" of suppressing the remaining bar elements in the output mesh (Universal format).

Also I tried example "t1.geo" from the documentation and was faced with the same kind of problem, there are still bar elements left in the resulting mesh.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Kind regards,
Tim Szaszi