[Gmsh] [GMSH] remeshing capabilities

Pierre JUILLARD pierre.juillard at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 23:00:51 CEST 2009

Hi Jean-François.

Yes, this is what I mean.
I would like to remesh a initial mesh deformed using the thin plate
transform algorithm from the VTK library (basically, it is a deformation
using morphing). After this deformation, the original CAD is not
representative anymore of the the shape I finally have, and I would like to
remesh it such that it is suitable for FE calculations using standard
meshing parameters that I can use in GMSH when I'm using it to mesh a CAD
geometry.

To have a relevant new deformed shape (after morphing), I think to apply the
morphing on a very fine mesh, such that even where there is no geometrical
features before morphing, new ones can be represented after morphing
(creation of a local bending or stiffner for instance). Will very fine
meshes be a problem to remesh in coarser one?

Any help and advices would really be appreciated.
Best regards,

Pierre