[Gmsh] Gmsh 2.4.0/2.4.1 freeze on windows

Ludovic.Ricard at csiro.au Ludovic.Ricard at csiro.au
Mon Sep 21 04:10:16 CEST 2009

Hi there,

I am experiencing a bug using gmsh.
In here, Gmsh is use by quite a few people and they didn't experience this bug before.

OS: Windows XP SP3
Gmsh version tested:
2.0.0 no problem.
2.1.0 no problem.
2.2.0 no problem.
2.3.0 no problem.
2.3.1 no problem.
2.4.0 problem.
2.4.1 problem.

I did download the binaries files and unzip them in my computer.

Ok now what exactly happen:
Please find attached the geo file I used (it's the beginning of tutotial 1).
When at the stage of the Planar surface, Gmsh 2.4.0 or 2.4.1 just freeze. 100% is in use but nothing happen. It was working the very first time but since then, no. Of course, no error files generated.

My though is that a temporary file is not deleted somewhere but can't find it. This bug does not happen or earlier version to 2.4.0.

If you have any idea about what it could be.
Thanks a lot.
Cheers,
Ludo