[Gmsh] 3D Constrained Delaunay triangulation software

Michael Carley ensmjc at bath.ac.uk
Wed Oct 7 11:43:51 CEST 2009

On Tue, 6 Oct 2009, Thibaut Klein wrote:

> I'm currently doing some non-commercial research in 3D mesh generation,
> and I was wondering if anyone knew of a robust constrained Delaunay
> triangulator.
>
> I've been using Tetgen for some while now but it's been breaking on some
> of the inputs I've been giving it. Robustness is very important for my
> project which is why I was wondering if anyone knew of another mesher I
> could use.

I have written a free (non-constrained) tetrahedralization library based
on the GTS two-dimensional library. If this might be useful, let me. I
*think* it's robust but I haven't tested it on a lot of inputs.

--
`To tell the truth, let us be honest at least, it is some considerable
 	  time since I last knew what I was talking about.'