[Gmsh] compilation error

Martijn Brouwer martijn.brouwer at inter.nl.net
Sat Oct 10 01:06:44 CEST 2009

Hi,

The reason that I tried 2.4 is that I had problems with 2.3 that turned
out to be due my inexperience with gmesh: extrusions of circle arcs of
180 did not work, and gave results that looked like a bug. Before
reporting this 'bug', wanted to test the newest version. And new
features are always welcome.

My problem with ccmake and lapack is not solved by changing
DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH. The files are located in /usr/lib:
ls /usr/lib/liblapack*
/usr/lib/liblapack.a               /usr/lib/liblapackgf-3.so
/usr/lib/liblapack_atlas.so.3gf    /usr/lib/liblapack.so
/usr/lib/liblapack_atlas.so.3gf.0  /usr/lib/liblapack.so.3gf
/usr/lib/liblapackgf-3.a           /usr/lib/liblapack.so.3gf.0
I have the -dev package installed, but this only adds the .a file. No
headers since it is fortran. Cmake will look in /usr/lib, so it is not
to be expected that adding this directory to the search path would help.

Anyways, for me it is not urgent anymore, though I am of course willing
to help to squash this bug in the build system (if it is a bug).

Bye,

Martijn