[Gmsh] Curved surface

David Colignon David.Colignon at ulg.ac.be
Tue Nov 10 08:15:04 CET 2009

Hi,

"Ruled" surfaces are non-plane, hence curved, surfaces.

http://geuz.org/gmsh/doc/texinfo/gmsh.html#Surfaces

Ruled Surface ( expression ) = { expression-list } < In Sphere { expression } >;

     Creates a ruled surface, i.e., a surface that can be interpolated using transfinite interpolation. The expression
inside the parentheses is the ruled surface's identification number; the first expression-list on the right hand side
should the identification number of a line loop composed of either three or four elementary lines. The optional In
Sphere argument forces the surface to be a spherical patch (the extra parameter gives the identification number of the
center of the sphere).

You should have a look at tutorial t5.geo for an example.

Regards,

Dave

--
David Colignon, Ph.D.