[Gmsh] Importing STP files in GMSH

Stouthuysen, Gwen gstouthuysen at tycothermal.com
Wed Nov 25 17:57:22 CET 2009

Hello,

Im trying to import a structure designed with PROE in GMSH.

It works fine with the STEP protocol but when I let him mesh the structure the mesh size is way to big, (see picture)

I found out that the fourth parameter of a point, defining somehow the mesh size is set a 1E022, is there a way to change these values while importing?

I tried to export a GEO file, which worked but with errors.
Reimporting after "manual" adaptation is resulting in missing faces.

I planned to shoot this into Aster or GETDP (need to learn to work with this solver)

Regards,

Gwen Stouthuysen
Application development engineer

Tel: +32.16.213.593
 (This e-mail, including attachments, contains privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressees named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate copy or take any action in respect of any information contained in it.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and immediately destroy this e-mail and its attachments.)
P Save A Tree! Do not Print this Email if not Essential

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressees named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in respect of any information contained in it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and immediately destroy this e-mail and its attachments.