[Gmsh] 2D Diffpack mesh

Tajic, Alireza alireza.tajic at tqs.com
Fri Dec 4 18:12:55 CET 2009

Dear Christophe/Jean-Francois,

I am trying to use Gmsh to create a Diffpack mesh file. I have noticed
that it is working for 3D-Diffpack mesh only, but I am

more interested in 2D structures. Is there any way to save a 2D-Diffapck
mesh with Gmsh?

 Let's say I need to mesh a rectangle with 2 physical boundary
indicators on two opposite sides set by two physical lines, then

using 3D-Diffpack mesh generation does give me node's coordinates and
elements but  there is no boundary indicators!

Even in 3D, if I make a simple cube and save it as Diffpack mesh I
always get all six surfaces as boundary indicators regardless of

defining any physical surfaces while I expect only Physical surfaces to
be indicated as boundaries!

Kind Regards,

Alireza Tajic

TriQuint-Semiconductor-Florida