[Gmsh] How to define distance between 2 point ?

aditap khonjug sc-physics at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 14 11:55:43 CET 2009

Hello,

I am using Gmsh for my thesis.

1. In my application , it is a requirement that the maximum distance between 2 adjacent nodes ,shall not be exceeded 0.125 unit.

How to specify this distance?

2. I have tried to change the "characteristic length" as in manual ,

http://geuz.org/gmsh/doc/texinfo/gmsh.html#Characteristic-lengths

section 6.3.1 characteristic length , but the maximum distance between the adjacent nodes does not reflect the specify characteristic length.

3. Is there a relation ship between the maximum distance between 2 adjacent nodes and the characteristic length?
I have looked  into the mailing list and found only one thread (e.g. Characteristics length with posview,lower limit for characteristic length
and How to define characteristic length) could any one explain this a bit more?

thank you for your attention.

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222985/direct/01/