[Gmsh] Prism-Layer in 2D

David Colignon David.Colignon at ulg.ac.be
Thu Jan 14 12:34:59 CET 2010

On 14/01/10 11:58, Bernhard Stoevesandt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> well, did i miss any answers? so far i'm still stuck on this problem.
> maybe i send the request at a bad date ...

Hi Bernhard,

yes, it must be the date, sorry for the delay.

The short answer is that the extrusion along normals does only work in 3D (extrusion of a surface to create a volume)
and has not been implemented in 2D. (We needed only the 3D , lack of time, it's not that simple in 2D because we don't
have the normals, ...).

In 2D, I suggest you to use Transfinite Surfaces.

http://www.geuz.org/gmsh/doc/texinfo/gmsh.html#t6_002egeo

Regards,

Dave

--