[Gmsh] generate unstructured mesh between indentic structured surface mesh of a non extrudable geometry

demesy guillaume.demesy at fresnel.fr
Wed Feb 24 15:09:36 CET 2010

Hi Christophe,

thanks for your kind reply.
Scaling the whole system by *1e9 is not bothering, I only had to scale 2
physical constants in getdp...

I also think that two surface extrusions would be more appropriate here.
Unfortunately I couldn't mesh the attached minimal (not-)working example:
- I'm using one of your tricks
(http://www.geuz.org/pipermail/gmsh/2009/004416.html) to generate 2 faces
of a parallelepiped with identical mesh and I delete the generated entries
(volume and surfaces). so far, so good.
- Then I try to extrude in the other direction, but gmsh seem to mesh the
faces // to the extrusion direction before the desired one, which seem to
be the source of the problem (please see attached image).

There might be a workaround here. If you can think of someting, I'm still
very interested.

Thanks again,

Guillaume