[Gmsh] Boundary layers in gmsh?

Eric Nutsch ericnutsch at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 08:39:57 CET 2010

Christophe,

It appears that the surface loop method to the boundary layer will
work in most all cases, but I may have found a more efficient way.

The BL extrude command returns a volume number as well. If it were
possible to take the farfield and preform a boolean operation with the
BL volumes, it would make the process very simple even for complex
BLs.

I attempted this for in your sphere example:
Volume(1001) = {1002, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8};
 ,but gmsh replied with "Unknown surface loop 1"

Is there any way to convert a volume (created via extrude for example)
to be converted into a surface loop?
Perhaps I am missing an important leap in the coding structure, but if
it was possible it would be an extremely handy function.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Eric Nutsch