[Gmsh] Question regarding the restrict field‏ with volumes

Stéphane Blanchet stephane.blanchet at esstin.uhp-nancy.fr
Fri May 21 13:00:08 CEST 2010

Dear support and users,

I am writing to you because I still don't know how to use the Restrict Field with volumes.
I have just tried on a simple geometry: two cubes connected by a common face. The purpose is to only use the "MathField" field on one volume.
Using the restrict field with surfaces is not a problem, but it is when using with volumes. I know I can do in a different way to obtain this result,
but I just want to understand how this field works this volumes.
Can someone help me with this problem?

Here is the geo file:

//Creation of the cubes
Point(1)={0,0,0};
Point(2)={0,1,0};
Point(3)={1,1,0};
Point(4)={1,0,0};
Line(1) = {2, 1};
Line(2) = {1, 4};
Line(3) = {4, 3};
Line(4) = {3, 2};
Line Loop(5) = {2, 3, 4, 1};
Ruled Surface(6) = {5};
Extrude {0, 0, 1} {
  Surface{6};
}
Extrude {0, 0, 1} {
  Surface{28};
}

Field[1] = MathEval;
Field[1].F = "0.1";

Field[2] = Restrict;
Field[2].IField = 1;

//I use the restrict field on surfaces, and it works
//Field[2].FacesList = {45,41,50,49,37,28};

//I use the restrict field on the volume, and Gmsh does not take into account the restrict field.
Field[2].RegionsList = {2};

Background Field = 2;

Any idea would be very helpful
My Best Regards,

Stephane

Vous voulez regarder la TV directement depuis votre PC ? C'est très simple avec Windows 7
http://clk.atdmt.com/FRM/go/229960614/direct/01/