[Gmsh] Nodes

Geordie McBain gdmcbain at freeshell.org
Mon May 31 06:57:56 CEST 2010

2010/5/28 Chen-Ket Chai <chai.chenket at googlemail.com>:
> I have a curved geometry, and I need a specific node (in the .geo file POINT
> 45, 46 and 47) at a specific position. How can I make gmsh to include this
> node in his mesh? Changing the length characteristic could not help me? Are
> there other options?

Hello.

I thought from my reading of the manual that this what "Point {p} In
Surface {s}" <http://geuz.org/gmsh/doc/texinfo/gmsh.html#Miscellaneous-mesh-commands>
was supposed to do, but when I tried it by adding

   Point {45} In Surface {14};

to your untitled.geo somewhere after the definition of Plane Surface
(14), it didn't seem to make any difference: Point 45 still didn't
become a node of the mesh.  (I did have Mesh.Algorithm = 1, to select
the MeshAdapt 2-D algorithm.)

For the case of your Point (45) though there is another simpler way
that works.  Since your Point is on the Line Loop defining the
surface, simply make it one of the terminal points of the lines
composing that Line Loop; i.e. instead of defining BSpline(1) with
Points 1, 2, 3, ..., 16, 45, 17, 37, define one BSpline with the
Points from 1 up to 45 then a second with 45, 17, and 37.