[Gmsh] independent meshing of assembly parts

Steffè Walter Walter.Steffe at thalesaleniaspace.com
Thu Jun 3 09:52:02 CEST 2010

Hello Christophe, thanks for yor replay.

>> Is it a safe to assume that if two opencascade edges (faces) are equal

>> they are converted in identical gmsh edges (faces) ?

> Not if you mesh the entities separately, because the meshing algorithms are randomized.

But is it the true for all 2D meshing algorithms (meshadapt, delaunay, netgen) ?

Is it not possible to have a deterministic mesher ?

If not I will follow your suggestion to mesh all the parts at the same time but the independent meshing would fit better with the

structure of my electromagnetic modeler (a software tool that I am developing).

walter