[Gmsh] assign physical entities to a mesh

Umut Tabak u.tabak at tudelft.nl
Tue Jun 29 11:25:10 CEST 2010

Christophe Geuzaine wrote:
> On 29/05/10 18:49, Umut Tabak wrote:
>> Dear all,
>> Maybe a bit silly question, is that possible to assign physical entity
>> numbers on a mesh exported from a different mesh generator, say in
>> Nastran bdf format.
>
> Yes:
>
> * if the mesh already has elementary tags (i.e. different numbers
> associated with e.g. each face, volume, etc.), then you can just Merge
> your mesh in a .geo file and add the physical definitions
>
> * if the mesh is not tagged, use the new "Reclassify" tool in the mesh
> module
Dear all,

Some time ago, I made the above posting and got the response from
Christophe however in an untagged mesh structure, I did not understand
how I will use the reclassify method. The problem is that it is asking
me to select some elements however I can not do any selections on the
mesh. Can some point me to the right direction?

Best regards,
Umut