[Gmsh] quad mesh

Pierre JUILLARD pierre.juillard at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 22:50:08 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I am seeking here some advices about the best approach to mesh surfaces with
quad elements.
I enclose a brep file (drawn with Salom 5.1.3).
It is rather simple.

Element size should be around 5mm.

I also enclose a picture of the mesh I obtained with Salome using the
algorithm "Netgen2D", with 'Quad_preference' option.
This kind of mesh suits me very well.

I wanted to try Gmsh and used the algorithm 'Frontal' (I read in the
documentation that it should give the best mesh quality).
I also used option 'All Quads', and set the Min element size to 4 and Max
element size to 5.
I also enclose the picture of the mesh obtained.

It rather surprises me.
I would prefer something similar to the one obtained with Salome.

Is there some 'simple' way to do it?
(I am not interested directly in the resulting file of course, it is more to
learn on GMSH and the best approaches to consider).

I thank you in advance for your help and advices.
Bests,

Pierre