[Gmsh] Adaptive meshing with background mesh

Martin Vymazal martin.vymazal at vki.ac.be
Tue Sep 14 19:44:37 CEST 2010

Dear gmsh users,

  I created a simple geo file defining a unit circle. I would like to
mesh this circle using a background mesh which contains function
values of a scalar function 0.2*(1.0-x^2-y^2) + 0.05 on the same
domain (unit circle). When I run gmsh, I get a lot of errors messages
of the form

   'No element found containing point (-0.245823,-0.932683,0)'

The resulting mesh seems to be more or less uniform as if the
background mesh was completely ignored. I attached my files to this
email. Does anyone know what am I doing wrong? Thank you for any help.

Best regards,

    Martin Vymazal