[Gmsh] Compiling gmsh with Blossom IV

Jack Oclee-Brown jack.ocleebrown at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 6 12:25:18 CET 2011

Hello,
I'm having some problems compiling gmsh with Concorde and blossom IV.

I've downloaded and compiled Concorde 97 fine which results in
concorde.h and concorde.a. I've then also downloaded the Blossom IV
code which compiles to four executables which seem to work as
advertised.

When compiling gmsh:

For "MATCH_INC:PATH" I have specified the directory which contains the
header files from the blossom IV source
for "CONCORDE_INC:PATH" I have specified the directory containing concorde.h
for "CONCORDE_LIB:FILEPATH" I have specified the location of the concorde.a file
but I am not 100% sure of what I should specify for the "MATCH_LIB:FILEPATH".

The only thing that I have found that allows gmsh to compile is to
create a static library from the object files created when compiling
the blossom IV code. I did this with these commands (on Ubuntu):

ar rv blossom4 matprice.o
ar rv blossom4 match.o
ar rv blossom4 mat_main.o
ranlib blossom4

this creates a library file blossom4 which I then specify as the
"MATCH_LIB:FILEPATH". Once this is done gmsh will compile with the
Match option enabled without any errors.

However, I then get a segmentation fault when I try and run the
example on this page: https://geuz.org/trac/gmsh/wiki/BlossomQuad

Please can someone give me some advice on how to get this working.
I am using the gmsh-2.5.0-source compiling on Linux.

Many Thanks, Jack.