[Gmsh] partition issue version 2 :-))

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Fri Jan 14 13:49:06 CET 2011

On 14/01/11 01:46, Umut Tabak wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Concerning this post,
>
> http://geuz.org/pipermail/gmsh/2011/006075.html
>
> no replies came from the side of the developers, so here I am firing
> again gently.
>
> Although Christophe Geuzaine sometime ago wrote a reply that
> partitioning is still somewhat experimental. But I experience
> consistency problem, rather than experimentation issues. I would highly
> appreciate if someone from the development team could kindly clarify why
> the partition numbers can written to different locations of the tag
> array. This is sth that puzzles me for the last one week.

Hi Umut,

I'm not quite sure I understand your question. The third tag tells how
many partitions an element belongs to; the next tags give these
partitions' ids. If a partition id is negative, it denotes a partition
in which the element is a ghost cell.

Is the confusion linked to the negative ids? (At the moment there is no
option to disable ghost cells--you need to recompile from the sources.)