[Gmsh] Lua and gmsh

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Wed Mar 16 22:23:18 CET 2011

On 16/03/11 19:44, Perrin Meyer wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I would like to use Lua to create gmsh meshes. So far I have two issues.
>
> (1) - I can't seem to find any documentation?
>
> (2) when I start gmsh -lua and get a prompt >, after every syntax error
> I make, lua exits. Is this a bug with my lua installation? I'm running
> gmsh 2.5.0

Hello Perrin,

After a long internal debate we are actually transitioning from the
integrated lua bindings to more traditional (swig-generated) python
bindings.

We are actively working on this; the latest SVN contains fairly
functional python binding generation. Lots of new things are in the
pipeline in this regards, e.g. python-binded gui-driven data generation.

Christophe