[Gmsh] Re: from hexahedrons to tetrahedrons

Trevor Strickler trevor.strickler at gmail.com
Fri May 20 17:10:49 CEST 2011

Hi Mark Smith, Michael Dupront and Everyone,

With regard to converting hexahedrons to tetrahedrons, I have written a
patch for Gmsh that allows one to interface quad faces on a structured
volume boundary to triangle faces with a layer or two of pyramids, prisms,
and tetrahedra. This will not convert ALL the hexahedra in a structured
volume to tetrahedra, but if you are trying to subdivide hexa for the
purposes of interfacing to an unstructured tetrahedral volume, this might
help.

I can email this patch to anyone interested.  It will be distributed under
the GPL as a modified version of Gmsh.  I will only email the source code,
so if you want it, you will have to build Gmsh on your own machine.

- Trevor Strickler