[Gmsh] a problem with nightly build of May 23rd

mianzhi wangmianzhi1 at hotmail.com
Mon May 23 23:43:31 CEST 2011

Hello,
I have just tried today's nightly build, and there is a problem with
hexahedron generation.
(the following seems to happen only when generating hexahedron grid)
I notice that this version generates "Line" elements pointing nodes that
are not hit by other type of elements (e.g. quadrilaterals, hexahedrons).

For example, in the attached msh file generated by gmsh, node #27 is
only used in element #29 & #30, that are both of "Line" type. But node
#27 are not used in any other quadrilaterals and hexahedrons.

I wonder if this is just a new feature of gmsh or is there any method to
avoid generating nodes like so.

Also attached is the geo file I am trying to mesh.
Thank you very much.

Mianzhi