[Gmsh] Mesh size definition referring to surface or volume numbers.

Mark Starnes mark.starnes at fttech.co.uk
Tue May 24 18:57:53 CEST 2011

Hi everyone,

Can you please tell me if it is possible to
specify the size of elements in a region based on, for example, the
region number and a transition distance?  I usually define my
element sizes during Point definitions and on
occasion using Fields, but I have some geometries
for which I would like to set the target element size by
Surface number or Volume number.  The reason for
this is that I'm coupling regions with requiring
dissimilar mesh densities; these regions are
complex enough for me to feel apprehension at the
thought of attempting to define geometric objects
inside the regions to define mesh fields.

Is this approach possible?

Thank you in advance,

Mark.

--
Dr. Mark Starnes
Senior Physicist

web:  www.fttech.co.uk

FT Technologies Limited is registered in England and Wales under registered number 01603909. Its registered office is at Church Lane, Teddington, Middlesex, TW11 8PA.
The information in this message is confidential and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, you should not disclose, use or copy this information. Please contact the sender immediately if you have received this message in error.