[Gmsh] from hexahedrons to tetrahedrons

Mark Starnes mark.starnes at fttech.co.uk
Wed Jun 15 11:59:50 CEST 2011

Hi everyone,

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 04:45:43PM +0100, Andreas Feymark wrote:
> Hi Trevor Strickler,
>
> I saw your answer to, [Gmsh] Re: from hexahedrons to tetrahedrons.
> What you are describing there is exactly what I need!!!
>
> It would be very helpful if I could get a copy of the code or the program.
>
> Kind regards,
> Andreas FEYMARK
> Ph.D. Student
> Chalmers University of Technology

I too would like this functionality!  I am dealing
with meshes with over 60,000 elements and am in
the process of converting to hexahedra where
possible.  Recent studies of mine have suggested
that the hexahedra are more efficient than the
tetrahedra due to the shape functions crossing the
boundaries of the tetrahedra used to make up the
hexahedral volumes not being continuous.  My
tetrahedra meshes require smaller elements than my
hexahedra meshes, for the same accuracy.

Best regards,

Mark.

--
Dr. Mark Starnes
Senior Physicist

web:  www.fttech.co.uk
DDI:  0208 614 2730

FT Technologies Limited is registered in England and Wales under registered number 01603909. Its registered office is at Church Lane, Teddington, Middlesex, TW11 8PA.
The information in this message is confidential and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, you should not disclose, use or copy this information. Please contact the sender immediately if you have received this message in error.