[Gmsh] Physical group meshing

Daniel Lemus dalemus42 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 17 19:59:58 CEST 2011

Hello forum,

After creating a .geo code with no physical groups, I am able to create a mesh for the model of surfaces surrounding a tube. However, after inserting two physical groups of points and using 2D meshing, the .msh file displays only the grouped points. The surface mesh is gone! Is there any way to create a 2D mesh which includes both the ungrouped surfaces and grouped points into one .msh file? I require for it to be in one .msh file, since I plan on running stress/strain simulations using Code_Aster.

Thank you.