[Gmsh] Save options file upon exit automatically?

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Sat Aug 6 15:40:33 CEST 2011

Hi guys,

We should indeed clarify/enhance the "save options" behavior. At the moment we can choose between three "levels" when saving options:

- "session" (gets saved by default in .gmshrc on exit)
- "option" (can get saved in .gmsh-options on exit, or is saved there manually when choosing "Save Options->As default")
- "full" (used when explicitly saving the options)

Maybe we could provide a way to save the options for the current file each time we exit? This could make Gmsh be completely "persistent" per model. Or do you have other suggestions?

Let me know what you think.

Christophe