[Gmsh] I-deas universal file format

Dan Popovic dan.popovic at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Aug 16 14:50:47 CEST 2011

Hello Kostas,

some time ago I analyzed the unv-file format in order to write
a file importer for our simulating environment. A first glance
to a discussion on the Salome forum was very helpful:

http://www.salome-platform.org/forum/forum_10/thread_1205#746460036

Here it is described which datasets are recorded in an unv-file.
There is further documentation on the datasets on the I-DEAS
homepage, for the relevant datatsets 2411/2412, see

http://www.sdrl.uc.edu/universal-file-formats-for-modal-analysis-testing-1/file-format-storehouse/file-formats/atct_topic_view?b_start:int=380&-C=

There were some issues like deprecated tags used in Salome...
so further search in Gmsh's mailing list archive or Salome's
forum will be probably very helpful. I had further written a
very short file format description with numbering of elements
in tetra-/hexahedra and pyramids, which I will send you via PM.

Good luck and best wishes,
Dan

Am Dienstag, den 16.08.2011, 14:57 +0300 schrieb
panourg at mech.upatras.gr: