[Gmsh] Gmsh build problem

Jayesh Vinay Badwaik jayesh.badwaik90 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 13:44:57 CEST 2011

On Monday 22 Aug 2011 17:05:30 Warnett, Jason wrote:
> Hello
>
> I've been trying to instal gmsh but struggling since I am on a 64bit
> system, so must install from source code.

No you don't, you can directly use the binary available on the gmsh site.
I speak from personal experience.

> I downloaded the source code, installed cmake and built it. No errors at
> all. But then I run the make file and it finishes with the following
> errors
>
> [100%] Building CXX object
> CMakeFiles/gmsh.dir/contrib/Tetgen/predicates.cxx.o Linking CXX executable
> gmsh
> /usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libfltk.a(Fl_Preferences.o): undefined
> reference to symbol 'dlopen@@GLIBC_2.2.5' /usr/bin/ld: note:
> 'dlopen@@GLIBC_2.2.5' is defined in DSO /lib64/libdl.so.2 so try adding it
> to the linker command line /lib64/libdl.so.2: could not read symbols:
> Invalid operation
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [gmsh] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/gmsh.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
It seems libfltk is not properly installed. I suggest you install
the fltk packages in your system. Both the normal and the development version.
If you don't know which, kindly specify the linux distribution you are using
so that we can help you out.

Cheers and Regards
Jayesh Vinay Badwaik
Electronics and Communication Engineering
VNIT, Nagpur
INDIA - 440010