[Gmsh] 3D meshing

Cristóbal Bertoglio B. cabertog at ing.puc.cl
Wed Aug 31 14:13:03 CEST 2011

Hi

I'm trying to construct a volumetric mesh from an already existing surface mesh.

In past tests I was using the Frontal algorithm (+ netgen
optimization) since it gave me less nodes, no surface triangles and no
tetrahedra with the 4 nodes on the external surface. However, when
running it for this example gives several errors of type I indicate
bellow.

In contrast,  Algorithm 1 works perfectly (however it produces more
nodes, create surface triangles and give me tetrahedra with the 4
nodes on the external surface, all things that I want to avoid).

Does some know the reason why Delaunay works and Frontal doesn't ?

The mesh is also attached.

Thanks in advance,

Cristobal.

-------------

Info    : Meshing volume 0 (Frontal)
Info    : Region 0 Face 1, 3 intersect
Info    : CalcLocalH: 13932 Points 0 Elements 27860 Surface Elements
Info    : Check subdomain 1 / 1
Info    : 27860 open elements
Error   : ERROR: Edge 20 - 33 multiple times in surface mesh
Error   : ERROR: Surface mesh not consistent
Error   : ERROR: Stop meshing since surface mesh not consistent
Info    : Mesh 3D complete (1.84027 s)
Info    : 13932 vertices 27860 elements
Error   : Mesh generation error summary
Error   :     0 warnings
Error   :   201 errors
Error   : Check the full log for details