[Gmsh] Gmsh and MED-3.x

jean pierre aubry jeanpierre at lamachine.fr
Thu Sep 15 05:45:59 CEST 2011

hello all

this is good news, but i already knew it
the problem is Aster version 11.x will only output med.3 file
which cannot be read at the moment by Gmsh

so 2 wishes
Gmsh should be able to read med.3 as outputed from Aster
or there should be a translator from med.3 to med.2
to be able to read med.3 Psotpro files

this would be very useful as Gmsh is at the time the ONLY tool to
display WITHOUT ERRORS "ELNO" type fields for 1D elements

jean pierre aubry