[Gmsh] gmsh counting points not in domain as nodes

Geordie McBain gdmcbain at freeshell.org
Tue Oct 11 07:57:22 CEST 2011

2011/10/11 Colin McAuliffe <cjm2176 at columbia.edu>:
> Hello all,
>
> I am using the attached .geo file for a physics simulation. When I mesh the
> part, point 10, which is not within the part I am meshing, but is needed to
> define the curcular arcs, gets counted as a node. Subsequently when I load a
> .msh file into my solver, the extra node is causing some problems.
>
> Is there any way for gmsh to ignore this point during the mesh phase?

Define the physically significant parts as `Physical' entities, as per

  http://geuz.org/gmsh/doc/texinfo/gmsh.html#Elementary-vs-physical-entities

then only these will be saved; if none are defined, everything gets
saved, which I gather is what's happened in your case (though I
couldn't see the attachment).