[Gmsh] How to obtain small characteristic length in specific area of geometry?

Mikhail Artemiev artemiev.mikhail at ngs.ru
Fri Oct 14 03:50:33 CEST 2011

Hi, John.
When I load your .geo file to my Gmsh 2.5.0 for Windows, it sais that

Error   : 'John.geo', line 628 : Unknown option 'DistMax' in field 1 of type
'BoundaryLayer'
Error   : 'John.geo', line 629 : Unknown option 'DistMin' in field 1 of type
'BoundaryLayer'
Error   : 'John.geo', line 630 : Unknown option 'LcMax' in field 1 of type
'BoundaryLayer'
Error   : 'John.geo', line 631 : Unknown option 'LcMin' in field 1 of type
'BoundaryLayer'
Error   : 'John.geo', line 632 : Unknown option 'LcMax' in field 1 of type
'BoundaryLayer'
Error   : 'John.geo', line 633 : Unknown option 'LcMax' in field 1 of type
'BoundaryLayer'
Error   : 'John.geo', line 634 : Unknown option 'Sigmoid' in field 1 of type
'BoundaryLayer'
Error   : 'John.geo', line 635 : Unknown option 'StopAtDistMax' in field 1
of type 'BoundaryLayer'

And I really didn't find these options in Gmsh documentation for
BoundaryLayer type of field (only for Threshold).
Anyway I can advise you to reduce your tolerance variable on
"Options->Geometry->General".

Mikhail