[Gmsh] Help GMSH

vito.rufrano at unina.it vito.rufrano at unina.it
Fri Oct 28 17:03:53 CEST 2011

I'm a PH.D student from Italy.
First of all congratulations for a job well done.
I try to use your software for my application. I have a little
problem, and i can't find the solution on reference manual. I have a
very simple 2D surface for examble a square and i want to force the
mesh (Tria or Quad element) to include a geometrical point. More
specificaly one mesh node will coincide to geometrical node. Node is
my dummy node as explained at page 41 of manual. The geometrical poit
is created on surfece in GMSH using geometry tool box. The surface is
imported from STEP file. I dont know where I make a mistake, because
my mesh dont pass on this node. Thanks for your interesting.

Best Regards

Vito Rufrano

Ing. Vito Rufrano
Ph.D. St. in Mechanical Engineering Systems
University of Naples Federico II
Faculty of Engineering
DIME - Department of Mechanics and Energetics
P.le V. Tecchio, 80  80125 Naples (Italy)
Tel. 081-7682457
e-mail: vito.rufrano at unina.it