[Gmsh] Gmsh to Paraview

Yousuke Ootsuki yosuke_otsuki at jaist.ac.jp
Tue Nov 22 08:54:16 CET 2011

Dear All

I am trying to write visialisation code of gmsh file in Paraview. I thought to create the geometry in Paraview just copying connectivity and coordinate from gmsh file. Obviously, need to add cell type and offset values for Paraview. However, it did not work.

The element type I am interested is tet4. The code automatically detect volume element section and read connectivities. Points, lines and surface connectivities are ignored. All Coordinate positions are scanned too.

I tested my code by hand specified coordinate and connectivity and it worked without any issue.

I am not familiar with mesh algorithms can anyone give me what could be the reason ?

Best Regards

--
Yosuke Otsuki, ME
School of Information Science