[Gmsh] Extruded spline surfaces show mesh artifacts near edges.

Mark Starnes anothr.acc at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 1 18:42:55 CET 2011

Hi again everyone,

Further to my last question, I'm finding that
using a spline with a single internal point
results in the bump transfinite line algorithm
being affected by the position of the internal
point.  Is this expected behaviour?  I may have
changed my default settings.....

Example:

Point(1) = {0,0,0};
Point(2) = {0,0.5,0}; // internal point.  This is ok with bump.
// Point(2) = {0,0.9,0}; // internal point.  This affects bump.
Point(3) = {0,1,0};
Spline(4) = {1,2,3};

Transfinite Line{4} = 20 Using Bump 0.05;
Extrude {1, 0, 0} {Line{4}; Recombine;
Layers{10};}

Any comments would be appreciated.

Best regards,