[Gmsh] Meshing 2D without refinement

Zenker, Dr. Matthias Matthias.Zenker at erbe-med.com
Wed Dec 7 13:09:14 CET 2011

Hi,

stupid question: if you already have a mesh, why would you want to build another one in gmsh, instead of keeping your existing one?

You can of course combine four triangles into one, but AFAIK not within gmsh.
The triangle size is controlled by the "characteristic length" parameter, which is the fourth parameter in the Point declaration in the geo file.
You can also control the mesh element size via the "Min/Max element size" field in "Tools->Options->Mesh->General".

If all else fails, can you send a minimalistic example?

HTH,

Matthias