[Gmsh] How to create QUAD meshes ?

Sonya Blade sonyablade2010 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 17 23:17:40 CET 2011

thanks,

Actually I was trying to achieve the structured quads, I used the Mesh.SubdivisionAlgorithm=2 command  at the beginning in the geo file which have the datas for L shaped polygon (edges always joins with right angles). That was for testing purpose just to observe how the Gmsh will create the quads, but in my case it creates the quads with triangles and shape of quads seems kind of distorted, I think that can be optimized with joining angles or by other features in Gmsh.

Regards,