[Gmsh] 8, 14, 20 node Hexahedron

Rui Maciel rui.maciel at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 23:00:18 CET 2011

On 12/18/2011 06:22 PM, Sonya Blade wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In order to create the 8, 14, 20 node hexahedra elements for the given
> shape in attacment, what path should I follow in Gmsh?
>
> Any entry point will be appreciated.

Hi,

I've attached a test file which defines a 3D domain similar to the one
which you've described, which Gmsh is able to partition into a set of 8,
20 and 27-node hexahedral elements.

I don't know if Gmsh is able to generate 14-node hexahedral elements.
At least I've never bothered looking for it.  Nevertheless, if Gmsh
doesn't handle that type of element maybe you can make do by generating
a 27-node mesh and then convert 27-node elements into 14-node ones.

Hope this helps,
Rui Maciel