[Gmsh] stretching triangular elements

jean pierre aubry jeanpierre at lamachine.fr
Mon Jan 9 11:53:50 CET 2012

hello

i left school quite a while ago, so i do not really know what is a
stretched Delaunay triangulation
but looking in the Gmsh docs you should find a way
here is what i was speaking off, a bit diffrent from your picture though

Point(1) = {0, 0, 0, cl1};
Point(2) = {100, 0, 0, cl1};
Point(3) = {100, 50, 0, cl1};
Point(4) = {100, 100, 0, cl1};
Point(5) = {0, 100, 0, cl1};
Point(6) = {0, 50, 0, cl1};
Line(1) = {1, 2};
Line(2) = {2, 3};
Line(3) = {3, 4};
Line(4) = {4, 5};
Line(5) = {6, 5};
Line(6) = {6, 1};
Line(7) = {6, 3};
Line Loop(8) = {4, -5, 7, 3};
Plane Surface(9) = {8};
Line Loop(10) = {7, -2, -1, -6};
Plane Surface(11) = {10};
Transfinite Line {7} = 11 Using Progression 1;

jean pierre aubry

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please be a bit more specific on the steps? It is not clear
to me how I can get the stretched elements. In fact, is there a solid
way in gmsh to generate a stretched Delaunay triangulation?

Hanieh