[Gmsh] using a msh file to define surfaces

Wayne Christopher wayne at 4raccoons.com
Sat Feb 25 16:38:52 CET 2012

I am new to gmsh, and am trying to use a set of triangulated surfaces to
define a solid.  The mesh comes out looking extremely wrong and I don't
see what mistake I am making.  I've tried the demos/sphere-discrete.geo
example and it seems similar to what I have (normals pointing out, etc.

Here is the geo file, and the msh file and figures are attached.  I just
loaded the file, then went to Mesh and hit 3D.

Merge "test.msh";
Surface Loop(1) = {  7, 8, 9, 11 };
Volume(1) = {1};

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...  Thanks,

     Wayne