[Gmsh] compiling the source code

Mesh Learner feamesher at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 06:04:34 CET 2012

Hi,
I would like to thank you for providing such a wonderful tool for mesh
generation. I was compiling the source for windows. I could get through the
CMAKE part and was able to generate the Visual Studio Solution. I am
getting errors when I build the source code in Visual Studio 2010. I have
listed them below. I will also try to fix the error but I was wondering if
you know how to fix these errors?
6>C:\Users\Documents\GMsh\GMsh Source\Mesh\CenterlineField.cpp(864): error
C3861: 'round': identifier not found
6>C:\Users\Documents\GMsh\GMsh Source\Geo\GModelFactory.cpp(81): error
C2668: 'fabs' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
There was a function call sqrt(3), I changed it sqrt(3.0): const double d =
rhoM_hat * sqrt(3.)*0.5/RATIO; in MeshGFaceDelaunayInsertion.cpp

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you!

Suresh Sharma