[Gmsh] Issue with composite volumes

Joshua Teichman joshua.teichman at mail.mcgill.ca
Wed Mar 14 23:03:56 CET 2012

Hi There,

My name is Josh and I am student at McGill University in Montreal, Canada. I am trying to use gmsh in conjunction with Dolfyn to simulate the flow through an Ultraviolet disinfection tank, however I am having some difficulties in the modelling.

As shown in the attached geo file, the tank has interior baffle walls with holes to distribute the flow. I am having troubles defining the volume in such a way as to avoid intersecting surfaces and prevent flow from travelling through the "solid" part of the wall.

Thanks,

-Josh