[Gmsh] Gmsh: Post-Processing

Hemaraju Pollayi hemaraju.pollayi at aggiemail.usu.edu
Tue May 1 21:55:18 CEST 2012

Dear Gmsh User Group:

I am using Gmsh for Post-Processing of my Problem, an Airfoil.

My Solver output is: 3-D Displacements (3x1) at each node, 3-D Strains
(6x1) within each element, and  3-D Stresses (6x1) within each element.

My Question is: How to Plot Contours for 3-D Displacements / Strains
/ Stresses ?

I converted my Solver output into .pos Format of Gmsh to see the Contours
but I couldn't get nice Contours.

My Observation & Question is: How to give " # list-of-values " in the .pos
File ?

Please see the Contour Plot for 3-D Displacement (U1) in the link:
https://sites.google.com/site/shrisaihemarajupollayi/gmsh
The corresponding .pos File (ShriSai_RealBlade_New.U.pos) also included for
your reference.
Please E-mail me back if You have any suggestions/comments to improve the
Contour Plot.

Thanks !!!

Yours Sincerely,
Raju

Regards
================
Hemaraju Pollayi, Ph.D.
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
Advisor: Prof. Wenbin Yu (PhD, Georgia Tech; Post-Doc, Georgia Tech)
Solid Mechanics and Structures Lab
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Utah State University
Logan, Utah, USA 84322-4130

E-Mail: pollayi_hemaraju at yahoo.com
           pollayi.hemaraju at gmail.com