[Gmsh] Print to GIF

Christophe Henrard Christophe.Henrard at lmsintl.com
Thu May 10 12:08:00 CEST 2012

Hello,

I'm using GMSH version 2.5.0 on Linux. I'm developing scripts to post-process computation results. If I manually save a figure as a GIF file, everything is correct. However, if I do it in my script using the following syntax :
               Print Sprintf(FigName);
With
               FigName = "/my/path/myfig.gif";
The figure name of the file written on disk is correct but the file format is PNG. Does the "Print" function only exports as PNG or am I missing an optional argument or something?
Using version 2.5.0 on Windows does not show this behavior, only Linux.
Thank you for your help.
Kind regards,
Christophe Henrard
R&D Engineer and Project Manager