[Gmsh] (no subject)

Cristóbal Bertoglio B. cabertog at ing.puc.cl
Thu May 31 00:36:00 CEST 2012

Hi everybody,

I'm wondering if it's possible to generate all-quad meshes in a geometry
compounded of several triangular surfaces, where some surfaces have odd
number of triangles. I can allow to add points to the external surfaces
edges, or better said, to the edges where two (or many in my
case) intersect.

Moreover, in some surfaces (where all quad are generated), some turned
quads appear.

There is some way to fix these issues ? Or I'm obligated every time to try
"by hand" to generate a pair number of triangles in each surface ?? (this
can be just too painful to do it every time i needed, specially in more
complicated geometries with many different surfaces, etc) . It is possible
to force Gmsh to generate only proper (i.e., not turned) quads?

You can find the geo-file I'm using at the end of the email (after loading
it, I press in mesh->2D on the GUI).

Thanks in advance for your response,

Cristobal.

------------------