[Gmsh] New ability to connect extruded meshes to tetrahedral grids using pyramids

Guillaume Parent guillaume.parent at univ-artois.fr
Mon Jun 25 11:58:05 CEST 2012

Good morning,

I am currently trying to connect an extruded mesh to a tetrahedral grid
using pyramids. According to the version history found on the GMSH web page
it is now possible since GMSH 2.6.
Nevertheless, in the FAQ I can read :

"Does Gmsh automatically couple unstructured tetrahedral meshes and
structured hexahedral meshed using pyramids?

No. We need your help to implement this."
Unfortunaly, when I try to mesh my model, I have to following error :
"Error   : Cannot tetrahedralize volume with quadrangles on boundary"

Is there a specific algorithm I should set up in order to be able to use
pyramids?

Regards,

Guillaume Parent.

--
Guillaume PARENT
Maître de Conférences en Génie Electrique

Faculté des Sciences Appliquées
Technoparc Futura 62400 BETHUNE France
Tél : (33) (0)3 21 63 72 44
E-mail : guillaume.parent at univ-artois.fr